Post by itsmydime10 on Aug 21, 2009 6:47:39 GMT -5
believe it or not the one at Middleford is pretty good small track and about 10 to 15 cars a week and its 20 laps . I think their called Napa chargers now they have Napa sponsoring them this year or something like that
Post by getoverit on Sept 22, 2009 21:22:39 GMT -5
worst thing that will happen is he says no. Get a couple drivers together and ask, tell him u want to run, its money for him, and racing for the drivers, and what could be one heck of a show for the fans. if the track gets tore up or cars get overly damaged, no more running in delmar. but give them atleast 1 shot to race.
The chargers are like the UCAR series down in VA, NC, and SC. They have become very popular do to the low cost. They still have a laundry list of safety rules like a cage with door bars, racing harness and seat, fuel shut offs, fire suits, etc etc. But still you could be competitive for less than $1000 and be safe doing it. Good idea, I just worry about the safety of these cars on a 1/2 mile without the aforementioned safety rules.
Post by Racerchaser on Sept 22, 2009 22:00:17 GMT -5
2009 Clash for Cash Series Rules
See UCAR Clash and WCS Safety Rules
DO NOT MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS OTHER THAN LISTED BELOW WITHOUT OBTAINING APPROVAL FROM OFFICIALS IN WRITING.
Top 3 cars each week or in the Clash for the Cash races will be sent to the rear of the field.
Amendment 3-24-09: Any driver or crew member entering another competitor’s pit area to cause a disturbance, conflict or fight will be disqualified from the event and be banned from the next scheduled UCAR Clash race. Disorderly conduct, profanity, and fighting will not be tolerated. Owners/Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew.
Any driver that is disqualified from an event for any reason can be disqualified from the next event at the discretion of the UCAR Clash officials. Any driver that shows disrespect to any UCAR Clash official can be disqualified for one or more events as well.
Mandatory Safety Modifications Rules:
1. 6-point roll cage with a recommended 4 door bars on left side and 3 bars on right side. May remove inner structure on doors to accommodate cage ONLY. All roll bars must be 1-3.4” x .090” wall seamless steel tubing. Roll bars must be welded to a minimum 3”x3”x1/4” thick plate and secured SAFELY to the floor pan. A .20 gage drivers door plate must be on 3 bars of the drivers side roll cage the plate must go from the front of the drivers door to the back end of the drivers door. Cage installation MUST be approved by UCAR CLASH and track officials.
All cars must have a 6 point roll cage in your cars the extra 2 bars will go at the right and left side of your car and will attach to the top of the wheel well near your shock back towers or in the back area in the trunk. No added support bars or cross bars allowed between down bars allowed.
2. Aluminum Racing Seat is mandatory.
3. Five-point racing seat belts required and must be mounted in a manner acceptable to track officials belts must be currant as of date for safe use.
4. Approved helmets, goggles or safety glasses, gloves, shoes and fire suits required at all times.
A Neck brace is required at all UCAR Clash races. Hans is recommended but not required
5. Fuel tank. If stock fuel tank is ahead of rear axle, it may be used. If stock fuel tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with a maximum 8-gallon fuel cell or boat fuel tank, securely mounted, covered and centered in the trunk a metal fire wall is required over all back seat areas.
6. Window net must be mounted in the driver side window with opening secured with ½ “ solid rod or 3/16” x 1” flat bar with the rear of top rod in slot and the front of the top rod secured with a leaver or seatbelt fastener.
7. Hood and trunk must have ALL factory hinges and be fastened with at least two hood pins on each corner.
8. Doors must be welded shut
9. Fire extinguisher 1 lb. minimum. - Fire extinguisher must be in drivers reach.
10. Padded around driver - Required
UCAR - General Rules
1. 1980 or later American and import front-wheel-drive only. Maximum wheelbase of 105”. (No rear wheel cars allowed of any kind.)
2. 4 cylinders only. No Quad 4s. 16 valves per cylinder max.
3. Dual overhead cam engines allowed. (A compression check on all motors will be done driver/owner are to have a manual for make and model of car.) All motors are allowed at 10% above stock compression.
3a All motors are allowed to bore motors to a max of 30 over piston
4. No turbo- or supercharged systems allowed.
5. All weight will be on the right side of car more weight will be added if needed to make all cars equal in speed. Any car with weight any other place in car will be disqualified no questions asked.
5a Multi Valve Cars with 2000cc or bigger will add 140 lbs
weight will be in a 3X4 tube welded or bolted on right side as far right as possible
5b Eight valve cars will not have to carry any weight.
6. No added weight of any kind is allowed. (See rule 5 on this as well)
7. No bracing or body modifications. Stock bumpers front and rear. Chains required on both bumpers for towing. No cutting of any body parts or removal or inner structures unless needed to install roll bars only on drivers side.
8. Factory stock air cleaner system with no modifications. (No K & N filters allowed.)
9. All body, frame, suspension, pedals, brakes, fly wheels and all motor replacement parts must be completely stock and OEM or OEM replacement for the year make and model claimed. Quick-release steering wheel coupler allowed. Car can start with ignition key or toggle switch. Gauges, radio and A/C control removal may be done to dash. The dash can be removed and a metal dash can be installed with all opening in fire wall covered with metal.10. Stock ride height will be 6 ½ minimun on left and 71/2 on right this will be checked weekly at all races.
11. Battery can be mounted under the hood in stock location or on the left rear behind drivers seat and well secured in a sealed box..
12. All insulation under hood must be removed.
13. Stock carburetor/fuel-injection system for that make and model. (Stock computers only. Anyone altering computers will be disqualified for the next race first and for the season for second time no questions asked.)
14. Stock transmission, 5-speed or automatic, and stock differential. No locked differential no altering of flywheels allowed.
15. Removal of A/C condenser and pump is allowed.
16. Removal of inertia switch is allowed; Ford fuel shut-off.
17. Removal of rear seat allowed, but must cover rear firewall with aluminum or steel sheet metal.
18. Electric engine cooling fans may be wired to run constantly
19. Exhaust: Must use factory exhaust manifold for that car. Must use factory unaltered stock muffler, NO glass- pack or turbo-type allowed. Must have tail-pipe exit either in front of rear tire or past rear bumper. Resonating exhaust tips not allowed. When racing at WCS: ALL CARS MUST HAVE MUFFLERS, NO EXCEPTIONS20. Car numbers must be painted/decaled at least 18” high on both front doors and roof. Roof numbers to read from driver‘s side No duplicated numbers allowed. Register your numbers on-line at
21. Stock wheels, stock suspension in stock position. Camper 3 deg .front both sides max. Rear 0 deg. Cam bolts must be stock. No altering of shocks, springs or struts must be same that came on car, in other words, no 6-cyl. springs allowed on a 4-cyl. Car. Springs must be equal diameter on left and right sides.
21A Spring rubbers all four corners are approved for the 2009 season one spring rubber per spring only.
22. Windshield required. Maybe replaced with 1/8” LEXAN. (No Plexiglas)
23. Push button horn optional.
Tire & Rims
1. Passenger car tires only. All four wheels and tires must be the same Mfg. and must all be 13-14-15 “ 60 or 70 series tires 185-195-205 in size only. All four tires must be radials. No bias-ply tires allowed. No shaved tires. No high performance or low profile tires allowed this is to keep the cost of tires down for all and racing equal.
2. Tire soaking allowed in all division except UCARS. No UCARS can soak tires at any race at any time.
3. Low-profile tires or performance tires are not permitted.
2008 Claim Rules:
Claim and exchange rule is in effect at all times. Claim amount is $1250.00 plus your car. This rule will allow the claimant and claimer to continue to race the following week. Only the driver finishing one position behind can claim the car ahead of him. This claim is for the whole car minus seat and harness. If you can't build a car for $1250.00, then don't build one for this class. Any driver who refuses a claim will be disqualified for the next two events. If he or she denies a claim a second time in the same season, he or she will be suspended for the remainder of the season. We are going to put the “stock” back in stock car racing. If you do not see it in the rules or specifications, DO NOT DO IT. This division is intended for those who wish to race but don't want to spend a lot of money. For those wishing to stretch the rules or spend more than $1250.00 in a car, then pick a different division. This division is slated to be one of the most exciting divisions at WCS and kept affordable enough for all to enjoy. For more rules info for the UCAR Clash or WCS call Larry P. Walls at 919-291-0938 or go to www.ucarclash.com
Now thats what I have been talking about regarding affordable racing. You HAVE to set strict rules. If not you end up starting with street stocks like we had at Delmar and keep allowing this and that until you are running the same cars as the premier division but with a cheaper motor. I think you would get a good amount of cars which equals fans in the stands.
That rule #2 with 16 valves per cylinder scares me thinking how long it would take to set valve lash...just kidding.
Also, i think a lot of the adult drivers with kids wanting to get into racing would prob end up building one of these cars. With all the current drivers and the ones who will be intrested the class should grow pretty big. Its a win-win situation. Let em try it out and see what happens. If it doesnt work then oh well, at least everyone had the opportunity.
Post by tommyphjr on Sept 24, 2009 14:16:27 GMT -5
I like the whole line of thinking but the Chargers are front wheel drive cars i think if delmar did it that it needs to be rear wheel drive. Use the slide cars and cars like it. tje Chargers are a great race and are getting better i just dont thing the front wheel will work out to good. Althogh i could be wrong! JMO
The FWD cars do fine. Most don't carry enough speed with a 4cyl to sustain a slide anyway. The UCAR's usually put on a pretty good show on asphalt and dirt. On top of that the FWD's don't have the laundry list of cheater parts that most RWD cars do, ie. shocks, springs, diffs etc. etc. That and the over abundance of FWD 4 cyl cars make the cars themselves the proverbial "dime a dozen". That was the reasoning behind the UCAR series in NC.
OK, that makes sense then. The focus MUST be on strict tech and keeping costs down for it to work. I know there are people out there that can afford $10,000 to try racing but there are many more like me that would love to be out there that don't have that kind of money.
Example: Craigslist in NC has a race ready 94 Escort with cage and all for $800. That's TURN KEY!!! never been raced. This is what we need in DE, a class that you can run with an $800 car. I think a lot of racers could afford that. Someone needs to talk to Charlie. Maybe run a 10 lapper after intermission when he's done playing with his grader and needs to get the track run in or something to that effect.
This is the best rule ever for a "stock" class. I love the wording too.
2008 Claim Rules:
Claim and exchange rule is in effect at all times. Claim amount is $1250.00 plus your car. This rule will allow the claimant and claimer to continue to race the following week. Only the driver finishing one position behind can claim the car ahead of him. This claim is for the whole car minus seat and harness. If you can't build a car for $1250.00, then don't build one for this class. Any driver who refuses a claim will be disqualified for the next two events. If he or she denies a claim a second time in the same season, he or she will be suspended for the remainder of the season. We are going to put the “stock” back in stock car racing. If you do not see it in the rules or specifications, DO NOT DO IT. This division is intended for those who wish to race but don't want to spend a lot of money. For those wishing to stretch the rules or spend more than $1250.00 in a car, then pick a different division. This division is slated to be one of the most exciting divisions at WCS and kept affordable enough for all to enjoy. For more rules info for the UCAR Clash or WCS call Larry P. Walls at 919-291-0938 or go to www.ucarclash.com or www.wakecountyspeedway.com
Post by WrongWayWillie#13 on Oct 8, 2009 13:06:24 GMT -5
I used to run enduros at hagerstown. they ran about once a month. there was a 1,000 claim on the cars, and 1000 to win , only paying 10 spots back. everything had to be strickly stock, with a 4pt. cage. all full sized cars. neat thing was, if you spun out and weren't in imeddet danger you sat in your car while they raced around you. when there was a red flag (no yellows) you could get out of your car, unless a car was leaking gas or multi cars blocked the track were atleast one car couldn't get past, they were left for the drivers to drive around. made it exciting and draw a crowd big enought for a stand alone event with better then 100 cars entered for the norm.